• Protects from radiation. It is known to be used by the Japanese after nuclear bomb attack.
• For healing purposes caused by wounds, burns, minor skin infections, cysts etc.
• Treating eczema, genital herpes, psoriasis, pruritus, cancer sores, skin ulcers etc
. • It prevents injury to the epithelial tissues and accelerates the healing of the injured tissues
• Treating sunburn. It acts as a protective layer and helps replenish moisture. (Its nutritional and antioxidant properties contribute to quick healing)
• It improves the skin elasticity thereby bringing down the chances of wrinkles, blemishes and uneven lines on skin.
• The anti-inflammatory properties assist the treatment of acne and pimples and heal the scars caused by these.
• The inner side of the plant is used as a biodegradable body scrub.
Helps remove eye make-up.
• Reduces chances of Rosacea.
• Helps reduce dandruff, baldness and premature greying.
• Improves blood circulation.
Aloe vera Juice:
• Prescribed for arthritis and rheumatism.
• Replenishes the body with essential amino acids.
• Contain Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, folic acid and niacin
• Beefs up the body defence system against oxidative stress.
• Cleanses the digestive system and supports digestion.
• Eases out constipation.
• Contain laxative properties.
• Relieves troubles like stomach aches and heart burn
Supports the immune system.
• Strengthens the gums and teeth. Heating the leaves and squeezing them onto the burns is one of the best ways for quick relief. When applied on the face, the Aloe vera juice acts as an effective sunscreen. It soothes diseases like gingivitis, periodontitis etc. and reduces bleeding, swelling and inflammation of the gums.
The secretion also helps strengthen the nails and restore its shine. It can be applied on brittle nails to see the effects. Rubbing Aloe vera directly on the muscle helps reduce the joint and muscular pain to a great extent. Home-made remedies Apply a thin layer of the secretion from the Aloe vera plant to the face and massage it before going to sleep.
This helps prevent tissue damage and dryness. In areas around the eye and the corners of the mouth, the gel can be applied and massaged to see good results in a few days. Mixing equal quantity of honey and Aloe vera gel and smeared onto the face for 15 minutes is a good way to get rid of the dry skin troubles.
Wash it off with warm water. The mask helps hydrate the cells, especially in winters. To remove tan, mix Aloe vera gel and a table spoon of lemon juice and apply on the face for 10 minutes. Wash it off using warm water and this helps reduce tan greatly. The above mix (Aloe vera and lemon juice) with a pinch.of turmeric works wonders in removing acne and pimple marks. Within days, the spots will lighten, also giving the face a glow.
The skin pores can be cleansed using yet another mix. A pinch of turmeric with a table spoon of honey and milk, a few drops of rose water and then the Aloe vera gel when mixed and applied for 20 minutes will give the face a beautiful glow, cleaning the skin pores. Massaging the Aloe vera extract with rose water on the face for 20 minutes, and cleaning it with cold water, is an effective way to increase the fairness of the skin and remove the discoloration.
To avoid oily skin troubles, boil an Aloe vera leaf in water and grind it into a paste mixed with honey and then apply on the face for 10 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. This, when done at least once in a week, helps get rid of the excess oil, thereby cleaning the skin. For beautiful and lustrous hair, boil the Aloe vera gel with coconut oil and apply regularly to the scalp and massage. Due to its wide range of uses and benefits, Aloe vera is thus extensively used in beauty products related to skin and hair
When used internally, it is to be noted that the yellow latex called Aloin could cause poisoning. However, the Aloe vera products sold in the market are usually devoid of this substance. But when consumed at home, it is recommended to take expert advice. The plant could also cause diarrhoea as it has purgative effects