What is Panchakarma?
panchakarma treatment is unique to each individual and their body type (dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment. Five different purification cleansing therapy namely, Vamana (induced vomiting), Virechana (purgation), kashaya vasti and sneha vasti (two kind of medicated enemas) and nasya (nasal medication). It is preceded by a preparatory process called Poorvakarma . At this stage the body is prepared for removing “toxins” first through Snehanam which makes the body unctuous or oily internally and externally and second through
Swedana which means therapeutic sweating. Once the preparatory stage is completed, the doctor will prescribe one or more of the five panchakarma cleansing procedures depending on each individual’s condition. The final stage of the treatment is Samana where the patient undergoes corrective measures through medicines, moderate therapeutic treatments, appropriate diet and activities for the body and mind. On the completion of panchakarma treatment, the imbalances that lead to diseases in the individual is stabilized and brought to equilibrium.
People with age of 12 or above without any major illness can undergo this panchakarma treatment. Since Panchakarma treatment in kerala is a purification therapy that correct health issues people with certain illness are not recommended to undergo this treatment.
People with the following medical conditions can undergo panchakarma treatment:
Sinusitis,Migraine,Headache,Arthritis,Muscle Spasms,Joint Pain,Neurological Disorders,Spondylitis,Tonsillitis,Liver Disorders,Constipation,Abdominal Pain,Skin Diseases etc…
makes the body unctuous or oily internally and externally and second throughmakes the body unctuous or oily internally and externally and second through
Beneficial of Panchakarma Treatment:
- Remove toxins from the blood and cleanses the whole body.
- Opens up the blocked channels for smooth flow of blood and other vital nutrients within the body.
- Stabilizes the nervous system and induces a relaxation response in mind.
- Give a boost to immunity system.
- Reduces stress and related problems.
- Strengthens the digestive system
- Rejuvenate the tissues
- It speeds up the metabolic process within the cells
1.Shirodhara to remove the stress from your body by Panchakarma .
Panchakarma Shirodhara ayurvedic treatment is a classic Ayurvedic therapy that includes pouring of warm herbal oil on the forehead in continuous stream. The word Shirodhara is arrived from two Sanskrit words, “Shiro” means head and “dhara means stream. Panchakarma Shirodhara ayurvedic treatment has a profound impact on the nervous system. That means, the treatment directly and immediately calms, relaxes and has a cleansing effect on the mind and nerves.
According to Ayurveda, Panchakarma Shirodhara ayurvedic is beneficial for vata and pitta dosha. When out of balance, Vata dosha exhibits as fear, insecurity, worry racing thoughts. Out of balance Pitta dosha exhibits as anger, irritability, frustration, judgment.
The action and qualities of the liquid used in Shirodhara counter the qualities of the out of balance doshas. It soothes, nourishes and pacifies the doshas through the application of the liquid to the forehead, scalp and nervous system.
Commonly oils, coconut water, decoctions, buttermilk, and milk processed with other herbs are used in Shirodhara. Due to variations in liquids, the type of Panchakarma Shirodhara Ayurvedic Treatments includes:
- Taila Dhara: In Taila dhara oil is used as the main ingredient.
- Takra Dhara: Buttermilk is used as the main ingredient.
- Kwatha Dhara: Decoctions from various herbs are used as the main ingredient.
- Ksheera Dhara: Milk is used as the main ingredient
- Jala Dhara: Coconut water or water is used as the main ingredient.
- Cluster Headache.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Eye Diseases.
- Graying of Hairs etc.
- Relaxes Mind.
- Promotes Better Sleep.
- Improves Concentration.
- Nourishes Hair and Scalp.
- Memory Loss.
- Reduces Anxiety and Fear.
- Reduces Memory Problems
Urovasti is a specialized therapy which is performed for the diseases related to chest region. The word urovasti is derived from the sanskrit words ‘uro’ stands for chest and ‘vasti’ stands for retaining something. In Urovasti, specially prepared warm medicated oil or ghee is placed on the chest for a specific time. Urovasti is also called as Hrid vasti, where hrid means heart. According to Ayurveda, Heart is considered as one among the most vital points in the body and any injury to the heart caused instant death, so heart should be protected.
Urovasti is performed by filling the hot medicated oil or ghee in a dam made of wheat or gram flour. The ghee or oil is placed in the dam until it is cool down and it is squeezed out and replaced with more warm ones. This process does oleation and sudation simultaneously.
- Asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Mild angina.
- Ischemic heart disease.
- Muscular chest pain.
Benefits of Urovasti:
- Reduces Pain and inflammation.
- Helps in Breathing.
- Removes the congestion of the chest area.
- Removes congestion of the lungs.
Greeva Vasti is a Sanskrit term where greeva stands for neck and vasti means to hold something. Greeva Vasti is essentially the holding of herbal oils on the spine, starting from the neck.
How Greeva Vasti Works
Greeva Vasti operates through Sweda (sweating) and falls under the Panchakarma strain of treatments. Sweda is performed with the help of warmed medicated oil held in a container and placed at the spot of discomfort on the back of the neck. This helps to relieve affected areas.
After this procedure, Abhyanga (massage) is lightly performed on the patient.
Greeva Vasti is done in the morning if kapha dosha is dominant (neck stiffness), in the noon if pitta predominates (burning sensations or inflammation), and if vaata is dominant (pain), then treatment is performed in the evening. With these factors being considered, Greeva Vasti is generally performed early in the morning.
The oils used in Greeva Vasti and in the Abhyanga massage are Ksheerabala tailam, Mahamasha tailam, Mahanarayana tailam, Kottamchukkadi tailam, Balashwagandhadi tailam, Ashwagandhabalalakshadi tailam, Sahacharadi tailam, Murivenna, Pinda tailam, Tiktaka ghritam, and Til tailam (sesame oil).
Benefits of Greeva Vasti :
- Relief from pain and stiffness in the neck, shoulders, and upper limbs.
- Relief from pain and inflammation.
- Improvement of neck mobility.
- Increased blood supply to the neck, shoulders, and arms.
- Reduced frequency of headaches and dizziness.
Kati Basti (Vasti) is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment used for lower backache and disorders of lumbosacral region, including slip disc, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, spinal problems etc. we give the best solution for body massage for entire body of ayurvedic treatment for sciatica. Kati Vasti is a part of external oleation (Snehana) therapy in Ayurveda. It is very safe, non-invasive and green category procedure. We have the best therapist from Kerala for the betterment of slip disc, bulging disc and also for herniated disc. We have best solution for the lumbar spondylosis disorders.
How Greeva Vasti Works
- Warm oil is used in Kati Basti; warm oils pacify VATA humor, so it reduces pain and stiffness. It lubricates the region and relaxes the surrounding muscles.
- It also works on KAPHA humor. Sometimes patients experience stiffness along with very dull pain and heaviness. It is a sign of KAPHA involvement. The base of all oils used in Kati Basti is Sesame Oil. Sesame Oil has VATA and KAPHA pacifying properties. Therefore, Kati Vasti also works on back pain and tightness, stuffiness and back tiredness.
- Sometimes, PITTA humor becomes associated with the backache. In this type of backache, tenderness is also present. When your doctor touches your back, you will find a severe pain in the back. In this type, regular Kati Basti Oils cannot be used, so some oils made from PITTA pacifying herbs are used in this case.
Benefits of Kadi vasti
- Backache in women
- Inter-vertebral disc protrusion
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Lumbar spondylitis (Inflammation of lumber joints characterized by stiffness, tenderness and pain)
- Slip disc
- Degenerative disc disease